Thursday, December 16, 2010

More Greenville, SC - Main Street



Now getting back to Main Street and out of the park...the building in the photo below on the corner is new, but it fits in perfectly.

The large building on the right (above) is the Westin Poinsett Hotel, my favorite building in Greenville. I realize this is almost the same picture as the previous one, but you can see all of the hotel in this one.


   
The next few pictures below came as a complete shock to me - when I worked here the area to the left was simply a boring concrete plaza. Now it's a hotel with a large grassy area in front and fits in perfectly.

The stone wall is a fountain that trickles water - in the opening to the right are public restrooms (and they weren't creepy)
I think this sunken plaza owes it success to the hotel and more important, the hotel bar that is located on the ground floor where the awnings are. We had drinks there one night and it was packed..

Some whimsical things along Main Street:

The last thing I have to say about Main Street is that you can always find you way - the city has done an amazing job with signage.
Signs pointing the way to businesses off Main Street
Map of downtown
The street signs in Greenville are great! You can clearly read what street you're on and its neatly incorporated into the stop light. 

I wish I had more shots of Main Street, but we got there the night before and had to leave after lunch that day for the Clemson game!





No comments:

Post a Comment