Monday, September 6, 2010

The Cornice

The cornice, in my opinion, can be one of the most striking elements of a building. At whatever point when siding and formstone became the thing to do, so many cornices were removed or covered. In this instance, they did it all.  


Wouldn't you be jealous if your neighbor had this beautiful painted cornice and you the large mass of  vinyl?


They come in all colors, shapes and sizes...but they're all better than not having one, or having one covered!

Some of the more plain variety, but still great!


I love these!


I love these too!



This whole row is awesome!
These owners should have agreed upon a color...


I could keep going with this, maybe more another day. I just happened to take these on a walk this beautiful afternoon! Which one is your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. I like the one next to the ugly vinyl. I like the way it is painted different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, now guess I will be looking at cornices every place I go. Thanks for the awareness.

    ReplyDelete