Wednesday, September 1, 2010

New England Vacation!

This past spring I went to visit one of my good friends in the Providence area.  I love New England, and if they didn't typically have worse winters that we do, I think I could easily live there! I fell in love with Newport, RI over this vacation, it reminded me a lot of Charleston, SC (where I went to college).  We also drove up to Boston for a few hours, had lunch with an old friend, and then walked around some. The parking situation in Boston almost makes me never want to complain about the parking in Baltimore...almost.

First up, Newport - a charming coastal town with a quaint, but lively, downtown, great vernacular architecture and the most ridiculously beautiful mansions...



Why I did not grow up in a house like this is beyond me...mom, care to answer?


and to have a view like this?


If I was a photographer, this stone wall would look a lot cooler...



I think this building is part of Salve Regina University's campus
I didn't take enough pictures of Newport, the houses we drove past were insane, but it was hard to photograph from the car...looks like I'll be planning another trip!


Now to Boston, Commonwealth Ave in particular, another street I wish I'd grown up on...any one of these houses will do...


Although I love a good mansard roof, so the house below would be nice, plus it looks like they have a little side yard to garden in!

No comments:

Post a Comment