Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pirate Cruise!

I recently took a Pirate Cruise (which docks out of Ann St. in Fells Point) for my friends birthday and we all had a blast! Now aside from the byob, rum shots, conga lines, limbo, and shooting water guns at tourists, I got to take some cool pics.  It's not very often I find myself on a boat in the middle of the harbor and it was really cool to see the city from this perspective.

So check out the awesome Pirate Ship:




So the Pirate Cruise went all around the harbor...first up, Fells Point. This building is not normally seen from this perspective...it's more commonly known as the Rec Pier. Although it's obviously a building...not just a pier. It was also where "Homicide: Life on the Street" was filmed. And for a little history lesson, it was also the second largest port of entry for immigrants in the U.S. second to Ellis Island.
 


This is, in my opinion, the ugliest buildings on the southeast Baltimore waterfront (below).  So while there are two buildings in this picture, I think we all know which one I'm talking about. We'll discuss that building another day though...

 

Now for some cool buildings...


 
  
This one's a little blurry...but I was on a moving boat...
Pier 6 Pavilion...nice shot of some port-a-potties...







I love this building below! Too bad this pic is blurry...it's the Eastern Avenue Pumping Station and was built around 1912 (and it was also the Public Works Museum before budget cuts).
 

 So that's enough pics for one post...ending on a good one, the Domino Sugar Factory

No comments:

Post a Comment